Baking inspiration for the Bank Holiday Weekend?
Summer is most definitely almost here! And, with a long weekend on the very near horizon, what better way to celebrate than with a beautiful, homemade pavlova. That said, we have a recipe for you to try!
For the Meringue:
- 4 egg whites
- 250g caster sugar
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 150C/130C fan/gas 2.
- Using a pencil, mark out the circumference of a dinner plate on baking parchment.
- Whisk the egg whites with a hand mixer until they form stiff peaks, then whisk in the sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, until the meringue looks glossy.
- Whisk in the vinegar, cornflour and vanilla.
- Spread the meringue inside the circle, creating a crater by making the sides a little higher than the middle.
- Bake for 1 hr, then turn off the heat and let the Pavlova cool completely inside the oven.
Want to amp up the glam? Why not try swirling a tablespoon of Cuire Strawberry Gastropaint into your finished Meringue mixture before baking it? That way, you will have a beautiful marbled concoction ready to pile with whipped (slightly sweetened) cream and beautiful fresh berries.
Or if you’re not feeling brave enough to make your own… purchase a ready-made pavlova from your local supermarket, pile with whipped cream and fruit and delicately drape with wisps of Cuire Angel Floss for that incredibly sophisticated look!